Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Chai Studio, Honolulu

Today I take you to the gorgeous Hawaiian Island of Honolulu to Chai Studio.

Amerjit Ghag, the lovely lady behind Chai Studio, Honolulu describes it as a lifestyle expression - casual, colourful and comfortable.
hono11
The store came into being in 2010, inspired by Amerjit's love for the handicrafts, the culture, the colour and the people of India. She believes that hand- picked products are a natural fit for the type of casual lifestyle they have on the Hawaiian Islands.

hono10
Love the warm pink...

hono1
The furniture pieces that she selects are mostly rustic and oftentimes repurposed - a chukki becomes a stool, a damchiya becomes a coffee table.

hono8
The textiles are rich with stories of traditional use, she has turned them into throw pillows and she includes hang tags explaining the past lives of kantha, phukhari etc.

hono7
Whether it is home furnishings , a piece of jewelry or a contemporary tunic, you'll find it all here, lovingly picked up by Amerjit during her many travels to India.

hono6
Lovely Rajasthani earrings...

hono9
Exotic fragrances... I spot my favourite 'Frangipani':-)

hono3
Colourful Indian Kitschy bags...

As far as the name of the store is concerned Amerjit Ghag, a chai-lover ( give me a hi- five;-) loves the fact that everyone has a different, special recipe for chai and Chai Studio, Honolulu is her recipe for a place that offers ideas for an inspired lifestyle...

I wish her all the very best for her venture.

13 comments:

Eco Chic Interiors said...

love that range of modern and traditional - the toss cushions are tops.

My Dream Canvas said...

I go to Hawaii almost every year. Will stop by here next time. Fabulous stuff.

sukhjit said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing some Chai with us!

Sound Horn Please said...

Good luck Amerjit! Love the styling of the store :)

Unknown said...

I love, love Chai Studio in Honolulu. The colors and fresh way of looking at ethnic style are sooo exciting and inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Hi Arch,

These days you are directly linking the photographs from Flickr to your blog. Unfortunately, in most of the premises (like office), Flickr site is blocked. Can you publish the images the way your using before. That will be great!

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Thanks all:-)

Anon~ From the time I changed my layout last month, I have started using Flickr as my image uploading option.( This helps the images appear bigger)

Let me check if the images can be made to look bigger on blogger itself.

Anonymous said...

Dear Archana,
Thanks for this lovely post. Do you know where one could buy wooden clothes pegs in Bangalore.
Thanks
Shyamala

Unknown said...

Great find, Arch! I loved the stuff she has on sale.

s

Anonymous said...

superb Chai u presented...

Suzanne said...

love all the great colors and patterns!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Fabulous stuff! Thanks for sharing Archana !

Internet Home Alliance said...

I love the Rajasthani earrings. I like the design and arrangement of the studio. Nice color and furniture.