Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Villa Balquisse

My International pick today is from one of the most exotic places~ Bali.
Villa Balquisse- a tropical retreat set between coconut groves & mangroves in Jimbaran. The retreat has old Balinese Villas that have been restored and decorated in an eclectic style.
The interior designer's latest travel ifluence her designs- you'll find exquisite cushions & bed linen created from Java silks & Jaipuri sari's.You can relax by the emerald swimming pool made out of natural stone or walk down to the beach which is only a 300 meters away:-) Enjoy a sumptuous dinner made by their Chef under the twinkling stars...
Each Villa is decorated in a unique style.They have 3 bedroom, 4 bedroom, 5-bedroom & a 9-bedroom villa! So take your pick, enjoy a great mediterranean style holiday with family and friends...
Exotic flowers displayed in unique artifacts handpicked by the owner. You can buy some of the furniture & lamps from their online store Villa Balquisse Living
Absolutely love the cream canopy drapes & simple rustic furniture.
Soak in the Balinese hospitality, the great attention to detail, de-stress with some amazing massages & enjoy the heavenly food prepared by the Chef.

(images from Villa Balquisse)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, found your blog via Purple Area. I love your blog and Indian style. Adding you to my blogroll at once!

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful, I love it! I would love to go right now!

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

pethra- Thanks for dropping by and the link:-) Glad you liked Rang Decor:-)

melissa- Thanks:-) I loved it too:-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog archana! i just cannot end my day without visiting ur blog :) btw, where did you get ur terracotta lamp from?

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Anonymous- Thanks:-) Which terracotta lamp?

Mélanie said...

This place looks terrific ..the decoration , for me it just looks like vacation

Deepika Giriraju said...

WoW...there I smell Bali...we have such similar tastes Arch...good post...bring in more....

priya said...

hey archana, im referring to the closed one !! saw few days back on ur flickr!

Anonymous said...

have your considered selling some of your photography on Etsy?

Erika

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Priya- That one I picked up from Chennai...one of the lanes near Kapaleshwar Temple, Mylapore:-)

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Erika- :-)) Thanks:-) Now that you mentioned I should now seriously start considering:-))

Anonymous said...

Love this post, makes me want to go on vacation and just relax :)

Vineeta said...

What beautiful images! This kind of armchair travelling is brilliant for the soul :) I particularly loved the 1st elephant image- what a fantastic sculpture style! also loved the curved legs of that bed- beautiful!

Amber Cargile said...

What luscious photos, arch! I love Balinese style. The colors are rich and beautiful, the style is relaxed...beautiful! I'm ready to grab my passport!

Elisa Day said...

Im sorry I dont know if the jewellery is Indian 'Meenakari Work. Its possible!

What a Lovely place I would like to go there right now!

Thoughtfactory said...

hey!Cant stop visiting your blog !! This one is gr8 tooo...just like others

Gill said...

I thought I commented here already...I was looking at these photos for ages the other day.
I love all of them!
xo
Gillian

Monica said...

It really looks like paradise. Now, I want to lay by a pool and pretend it's summer again:)

Anonymous said...

all so stunning - let's all go! thanks for the pics.

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Thanks a lot everyone...have been in a state of inertia for a while...

Will be visiting all of you soon:-))

Lady Prism said...

heaven..heaven..heaven!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful retreat. Ahhhh.....

Wonderful pictures on your blog. I've added you to my blog roll. Thanks for already having me listed.

Alessandra Cave said...

hety arch I am heading to Bali tonight and I will try to stay at this place. thanks for the tip. I saved this link long long time ago and now it's time to use it :)

Anonymous said...

I just came back from Bali not too long ago. It's beautiful place with lots of wonderful furniture like these.