Saturday, November 03, 2007

Diwali Ki Shubhkamnayen: 4.11.2007

I am very excited about this decorating idea, since this doesn't fall into the 'traditional' slot yet it has interesting traditional elements in it:-)

Antique ceramic Japanese tiles from Chettinad, look at the interpretation of Goddess Lakshmi!
I completely adore the blue & pink combination. Arrange on your table, float some pink gerberas or lotus if you can get them in glass bowls. I have used simple kerosene lamps to add that white glow to the arrangement and I don't have to worry about it blowing off!


(Images & ideas by Arch, feel free to get inspired and link to me but if you want to use my photographs for some other purpose please send me a mail.)

6 comments:

Vineeta said...

Can understand your excitement :) Its gorgeous! that tile. what a find. And I love that you've put it on a pale chikan-work fabric. This is the most stylistic one of the lot. beautifully put together.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tile of Lakshmi!
I adore the blue and pink combo too!
Hope all is well for you and your family Arch!

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

vineeta- Thanks:-) I absolutely love this arrangement too:-)

rochambeau- Thanks:-)

Yes, we are all well:-) Thanks:-)
Have been so caught up in the Diwali cleaning etc..will visit you soon:-)

Perfect Witch said...

A recent subscriber to your Rang blogs. Love the colors and arrangements.
Could you let me know where you got the kerosene lamp from? Lovely idea. I have a couple of solar jars that I use in the foyer at night, but these would look good too.

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

perfect witch- These were picked up a local 'haat' market.
I am sure you can find it in wholesale markets too.

about me said...

Absolutely love this arrangement and the interplay of colors. Loved the "Jeera Mitai" touch!!