Friday, November 02, 2007

Diwali Ki Shubhkamnayen: 3.11.2007

Rustic. Simple. Divine.
I love the simplicity in this style of decorating. Beauty carved in stone. Pluck flowers from your garden, scatter it all around. Float them in stone diyas ( let your creativity flow:-)
Put some pebbles in the diya before lighting them. Add a dash of colour with 'Kum-Kum' or Vermillion and you have a simple yet beautiful decoration ready.
I float flowers in just about any thing;-) So this was a natural choice, flowers in diyas for beauty & festivity!

(Images & ideas by Arch, feel free to get inspired and link to me but if you want to use my photographs for some other purpose please send me a mail.)

4 comments:

Deepika Giriraju said...

beautiful stone lamps,i just love the look of them...come over to MUDRAM for some treat...

Anonymous said...

Let creativity flow - beautiful in words and images.

Vineeta said...

vintage, vintage archana! gorgeous. I just LOVE the stone diyas. and works beautifully with the white. Im liking the way this series is developing- one new colour palette each day. awesome.

MPG said...

all great ideas...thanks! hope you have a wonderful diwali!